Thursday 11 August 2011

The Real Theory of Relativity: Because Everything in Life is Relative

Hello and Welcome!

My name >Eincat< is inspired by - yes - the one and only Albert Einstein himself. I am in no way trying to imply that I am a genius like Albert, but merely inspired by his geniuses.

The theory of relativity is the physical theory that provides the law of gravitation and its relationship to other forces of nature. This theory has affected theories and methodologies across all physical sciences, but more than that, it has affected my perception, take on life, and influenced me to develop my own definition of the Real Theory of Relativity!

This blog will hardly ever touch on any scholarly topics, so I'm sorry if the title is deceiving. Instead, this is here because I have a belief, and I want to share it with anyone who is open to it.

According to EinCat's Real Theory of Relativity: all things in life is relative to one's knowledge, experiences, and environment.

To elaborate:


BEAUTY

It is often said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While that is true, it is only true because the beholder has been through different experiences in their life. They may have had more positive experiences and thus associations with people who look a certain way. Therefore, beauty is absolutely relative to what kind of beauty you've experienced before.

The concept of beauty also changes depending on what kind of knowledge you have of beauty. As beauty is somewhat of a science (proportions, symmetry, colour contrast), the more-aware tend to be more critical.

Lastly, the environment you're in hugely affects a person's concept of beauty. Best example I can think of is the episode of Family Guy where Peter hires an ugly friend for Meg to stand next to... a guy walks up next to them and says "Meg..! Did you get less ugly?" XD

I may not be the prettiest girl in the world, or in Canada, or in my room... but that won't stop me from blogging about beauty and what it means to me!


LUCK

Some say luck is something with the lesser probability occurring, but the way I see it, luck is a perspective. Some people are 'luckier' than others, and it will never even out since we are bound by the limits of our lifetime. So why complain about being unlucky when anyone able to read this blog should be so lucky...! :D

Just compare this -
"Damn, why did I lose with my pocket Ace's pre-flop?! I even raised a lot... what a bad beat!"
vs.
She stares eagerly at the other children as they frolic in the snow. Little Lisa turns to her father and asks, "Daddy, can I ask Santa for two new legs for Christmas so I can make a snow angel next winter?"

If that doesn't jerk an emotion... here is a famous example:
"I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet".
If we'd just look at our problems from a less fortunate person's POV, suddenly it isn't so bad anymore...
To me, luck and fortune is relative to expectations and outlook.

Knowing that I'm a lucky girl, I tend to be risk-loving. I will be blogging about gambling and other lucky strikes that I come across in life ;)


HAPPINESS

Some people dwell on the past. Some worry too much about the future. If you are consumed in sadness, its hard for happiness to find you. It all starts from within. I know - you must be thinking "Eincat, you make it sound so easy... but its not!".

No one ever said being happy was going to be easy... like all good things, it takes time, commitment, and a whole lot of Bruno Mars!!! Immerse yourself in things that make you happy. Rip away the layers in your life that weight you down. You're in charge of your life, so if you want to be happy... then just be.

I can't even begin to start the list of things that make me happy - so I'll be blogging about it soon enough! You can bet that music is one of them. ^^


FOOD

Honestly I don't know why I am listing another topic for food... I mean, to me, food and happiness are synonymous. Asking "Cat, are you happy?" and "Cat, have you eaten yet?" - same thing. I love both eating out and cooking at home.

So you'll find some blogs about my dine out spots and experiences in Vancouver and delectable home recipes!


The Real Theory of Relativity is the philosophy that I live and breathe. It keeps me positive, gives me a wider perspective on life, and is the inspiration to many of my future blogs and vlogs! I hope that they will inspire, entertain, and add value to your lives!

xoxocat

No comments:

Post a Comment